Leg Day at the Gym

    This time at the Arc I hit leg day at the gym. I first started my workout with going on the stationary bike for about 5-6 mins to dynamically warm up my legs to reduce the risk of injury. I did 4 exercises for leg day, the first was linear hack press in which I did 5 sets of 10 reps. I then moved on to doing leg extension for 4 sets and 20 reps. During the reps I started out on a 145-pound increment for 8 reps then dropped the weight to 115 pounds and when doing the leg extensions, I would not fully go down for these 6 reps, then lastly, I dropped it again to 85 pounds and would hold my legs at the top for 5 seconds when finishing the 6 reps and for the last rep I held my legs up till I could not anymore. My third exercise was seated leg curls and I did for 4 sets and 12 reps, the weight increment started at 85 and for my last set I was at 145. I finished the leg workout with machine calf raises 3 sets for 15 reps. Overall good day, will feel the soreness in my legs tomorrow though.       

Comments

  1. Hey Jordan, great to see you made it for a leg day even though it can be one of the toughest workouts. I like the movements you chose for your workout as they hit all the muscle groups of the legs pretty equally. You chose a great warmup to get blood flowing to your legs and increase the temperature of your muscles so when you went to your compound movements your legs were ready to work at a high intensity. I really liked the quad extension workout you did as it can really push the quadriceps to failure and push you over your ventilatory threshold point. I may have to steal this one from you and try it myself. Overall, great workout and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan, I love the blog! I really like how you started your leg day with a warm up on the bike, that really helps get the blood flowing through the legs before the workout. As well as that, your training style looks as if you prioritize training with intensity, which is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back and bi's Gym Day

Push Day

Chest and Tris Day